Shop Here, Help Us Help Them

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

If you had to go back in time, what career would you choose?

Wow! A good question but not one I must think twice about. I would have been a missing person/homicide detective. During my career with the National Center for Missing Adults, I worked very closely and became good friends with many law enforcement officers for who I had such admiration. Many told me I should have been a detective.

I thought about it so many times but was so happy running my agency during my prime years that I couldn’t imagine doing something else.

A driving force for me was always to serve and protect, even as the CEO of my agency. I felt a great sense of compassion and care for other human beings and thought I had a higher sense of duty. I would have made a perfect fit. It’s a career where you make a difference in the lives of others during their deepest, darkest times.

While running my agency, we developed the first national training for law enforcement in missing person cases funded through the Department of Justice. We provided a two-day training for Chiefs of Police, sheriffs, and other administrators and another two-day training for detectives. The program was very successful.

What I do regret is having not gone into law enforcement in 2010 when I left my company. By now, I would be a detective. We must all follow our dreams. For me, my career was beyond any expectations I ever had for myself and made a difference in the lives of thousands of people throughout the years. For that, I am grateful to have experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We only have the potential for learning and improvement when we enlist the help of others to offer their opinion. Please know your feedback is important to me.